Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving and FAMILY

My family is an amazing support system. My Mom Adele is the rock of the family - she is the MATRIARCH. She has always provided us with love and support. She may not always understand why "we" do some of the things we do, but in the end she loves us unconditionally. Her love for her children is just amazing. Anyone who knows her can tell you that she would kill anyone who hurts someone dear to her.  When I was 15 she and I went through an extremely difficult time with my illness. When I was sick, she was sick. When I was tired,she was tired. When I was in pain, she was in pain. It was though she felt everything I did. She never gave up fighting for me, she never will. I always have people tell me how lucky I am to have a Mother like her - trust me I KNOW.  I love you MOM

My POP - came into my life when I was 18. Never thought I would love him the way I do. I don't mean that in a bad way at all. When he asked for our permission to marry Mom he told us all then that he promised to take care of her, and to be our friend and always be there for us as well. He did not want to take the place our our "dad", he just wanted to be a part of our lives. That's when I fell in love with him and knew that he was meant to be my POP, my Father, my Dad. He is the most generous man i know. He has given so much to Wayne and I and has given his heart to his grandchildren. Pop is a man of character and respect. He works hard to give my mom the life she deserves and he will always put us before himself. I love when people meet him for the first time and tell me I look like him - LOL. I think that its because of the special bond he and i have always had. It comes natural for me to call him dad and i am forever thankful for the night that I asked him to go over and ask Mom to dance. I take full credit for setting them up for marriage and knowing that he is the best thing (besides us of course) that Mom has in her life.
Happy Bday Paw Paw
 My husband Wayne is an awesome man as well. He is a great Father to his children. He loves them more than life itself. Wayne and I met right after he graduated from High School.  We have been together for 20 years or so and I wouldn't have it any other way. Marriage is not easy and you have to work on it every day. Wayne and I sometimes disagree, well most of the time we disagree, but in the end we never go to bed angry. He has always provided for me and the kids and would move heaven and earth to make things perfect for us. I married my best friend and i know he loves me with all of his being. What more could a girl ask for?
Adele and her famous Pecan Pie

Sheri and Bill

Aiden's first turkey leg
 My babies - Adele, Alexis and Joe Joe - wow how lucky I am. I have 3 healthy, smart, beautiful children. They are all talented and truly a gift to me. Although we have our teenage moments filled with hormones and eye rolling, my kids are my heart. They are the reason I get up each morning, take a deep breath and say to myself - "this is going to be a good day, let's roll". I pray every night that my children will take so much from this experience and continue to do for others as they have done for me. They have good hearts and I know whatever paths they choose in life they will be taking care of others in some sort of capacity. I love them and only hope they love me as much as I love my Mom.
Hard at work to make our special family dinner

My siblings - Tammy and Butsie - gee where do I start... Tammy is my baby sister. She and I have always been opposites. We think differently, speak differently, dress differently etc... It wasn't until last year when she moved in with us that we really started to see just how alike we are. Tammy is a very strong person. She keeps her feelings tucked in and only shares when she feels the need to. She has really come to my side over the past few months and she makes sure that I am doing ok and that I have what I need. She brings my sweetie Aiden to see me because she knows he makes me feel better. Her two older sons Austin and Andre are so handsome. Their personalities remind me of how she and I were. Her boys are her life. She loves having them with her and would do anything to make them happyTammy is a straight shooter - so if you don't want the truth DO NOT ask. This is just how she is and I admire her at times for being so honest. I never really see her cry much, but when she does I cry right along with her. I am also so blessed by her moving near me because she has really developed a closeness with my kids that she didn't have early on. My girls love her and love being with her. Joe Joe thinks she is cool and laughs at her all the time when she is being, well you know TAMMY.


Baby Brother Butsie - ah my baby boy. I was 12 when Butise was born. My Mom and Dad split shortly after that and I kind of assumed the big sister role head on so that my Mom didn't have to do it all on her own. He was the sweetest baby ever. He is now a grown man and even tough there have been some bumps in his road of life, he has proven that with faith and love of God and family he can overcome anything. I am very proud of him and I all I want is for him to be happy and healthy. I really wish he and Linz (his sweetie) would come on and tie the know already - Aiden is walking now and I'm ready for another niece or nephew in the house, (j/k) they will do it when the time is right - I know they will.

Just had something really great happen - my step-sister Sheri and her husband Bill and kids have just moved home to the Coast. They will be living in Gulfport for a bit but hope to build in Diamondhead. It is unbelievable to me sometimes how God works. For so long us kids have lived all separate and now with a snap of a finger the girls are all together on the Coast. It was meant to be. I usually only get to see my step sister and step Brother Chris maybe twice a year during the holidays. Now I know I will get to see Sheri more and I hope since Chris is living back in Baton Rouge he can visit us more often too. It's ashamed we haven't spent much time with together the past few years. I guess that's the one good thing about when someone gets sick - the people you love do tend to be there when you need them to. I love ya Sheri welcome home, and my big boy Brycen too!








My In laws- Warren and Willie and I have gotten close over the past few years. They love their grandchildren so much and they actually y love me too! Warren is a great guy, who truly "gets me" and sometimes let's Wayne know it! We used to get together alot more and I am hoping that we will go back to doing more things with them soon.  That goes for my 2 sister inlaws and my brother inlaw as well. It's ashamed we dont see our nieces and nephews but once or twice a year of we are lucky. I know its hard with the jobs we all have now - but I am at least relived to know that if I need any one of them all I have to do is call and they will be there for us.

4 comments:

  1. Family is EVERYTHING!! You are lucky to have them so close. I miss mine all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen,

    Faith, Love, Family Friends... Priceless.
    It will concore all. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    Sharon Kuntzman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey El!
    Your writings are beautiful about your family...we should all do this on a regular basis. Time flies so fast that we forget some of life's little pleasures...my Mom wants me to write a book...God knows we all could! Love you and had to comment with Anonymous, because I couldn't figure out how to post a comment.
    Hope this goes through!

    Muah! Schoen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Schoen you should write a book. Your life has been one of determination, pride, and love for your family. And if you have an aol or google email you can use the drop down and choose one of those to post with your name lol... love u

    ReplyDelete