Monday, November 29, 2010

On the 10th day of treatment my chemo gave to me

the weekend from hell!!!!!!  LOL. I can laugh about it today but was far from laughing about it this past weekend. I just really had a bad weekend. I don't know if it's because I have been doing so good that it just took me by surprise or if I just pushed myself to it from "going going going". The worse part was the sweating. I get these soaking wet, dripping sweats. Now for the past 12 days or so it has been normal for me to sweat some. My chemo nurse said that during treatment your hormones get all crazy. Usually I can put a fan on me and it passes but comes on and off during the day or night a few times and is tolerable. BUT I don't know what happened this weekend. It was like every pore in my body had a leak. It was constant from Saturday morning when I woke up through last night. Showers didn't help, in fact it made things worse. I was so sick just from the sweating I couldn't eat much and even had some trouble taking in fluids without getting nauseated and dry heaves. I won't go into all the details of my horrible day but it was to the point where I was so weak I felt like a rag doll. My poor sister. I felt so bad for her cause I could see she was upset because she couldn't do a thing to help me. I hope she understands that just knowing she was here with me in case I needed her was a huge comfort. Then at 11:30 last night it was like someone flipped a switch and I was dry. I kept watching the clock just waiting for another sweat attack. Midnight, 12:30, 1:30..ahhhh finally I could relax a bit. I was so grateful to be DRY. I'm laughing at myself reading this because I know it sounds ridiculous, but it really is miserable to be sitting there with sweat rolling off of you for 48 hours. I'm cold from the sweat so I shiver, but can't throw any blankets on me because I sweat more. CRAZY huh? It just made for a completely miserable weekend.

Today makes day 12 of treatment. That means I have 93 days left until my last treatment . I know it will have its ups and downs. And I know some people say chemo is HELL but geez I can deal with HELL as long as I don't have to sweat my way through it. Call me a DIVA but sweat and I just don't go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment