Friday, December 10, 2010

Treatment #2 - only 4 more to go-prayers answered again and looking forward to Saturday

Well once again Fr Seelos listened to my prayers and all went well. I was so anxious that when they hooked me up it was going to be as painful as the first time. I even took a xanax before hand. Susan my chemo nurse is the best. I feel like I have known her forever. She told me to lean back, relax and take a deep breath and when I did the needle was in - NO PAIN whatsoever. It was just a pinch and I barely felt it. I was so relieved I cried from it. How ELLEN is that! My treatment is only 3 hours and I think I slept for 2 hours of it. I met some nice people today who are also in treatment. @ ladies in their 60's or more have colon cancer and both are in remission but have a one hour maintenance treatment they do every 2 weeks. They both look great. They each went through 35 radiation treatments and 8 chemo and now the maintenance. Very inspiring. I also met a man in his 60's with lung cancer. His was operable in the top lobe and after 3 months it did come back to the next part of his lobe and just had that removed and now has his 6 treatments. He looks good to considering the surgeries. It was nice to share I guess. I will keep them all in my prayers.


I did really well, slept some and of course woke up around 3 am sweating. Normal. I have no nausea and hope that I feel good tomorrow. I go for my nuprogen shots tomorrow, Mon Tues and Wed and see Dr Hottie on Thursday.

I am so looking forward to the benefit on Saturday. I just want to feel great so I can enjoy seeing my friends and just let loose and have a good time. It is going to be a celebration of life. Because that is who I am. Nothing means more to me than family, friends, music, laughter and memories. I am not the type of person to ask for help, especially financially. Wayne and I have always tried to do it alone and have made many sacrifices to get through the tough times. Sure we have had to ask for help from time to time from family but never did I think that we would be hit with this type of financial hardship. To have all these friends and strangers come out and support us like this it is a very humbling experience. I hope everyone knows that  it means the world to us.

See you on Saturday! Love and kisses - Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment