Thursday, January 12, 2012

Satisfaction and Dr Settle's radiation

I am currently in Houston to receive radiation to my spine on the T10 and L4. This is the last of the radiation that my spine can handle and it has to be delivered so precise. These 10 treatments over the course of 15 days is not meant to make me walk (that would be a miracle). The radiation is being done to stop the pain (the pain was around a 6 when I started radiation in Jan 3. , with daily pain meds I can get it to about a comfy 2. ) It was also being done to try and delay (prolong)any permanant leg paralysis. When I arrived I had: 1. NO feeling in either leg 2. The numbness in my legs, feet, buttucks etc. was painful and I was in pain no matter how I sat, laid, twisted or turned. 3. I began to lose my upper body stregnth which is detremental to everything. 4. I could no longer stand cause I could not feeel the bottoms of my feet at all. 5. I couldn't be moved from wheelchair to bed, vice versa, to shower, to car or anywhere without Wayne lifting me. I am dead weight literally from the waist down. I use to be able to do lots of leg excercises and they just stopped. My legs just stopped moving and thats a terrible feeling. Well this morning before my 6th treatment I was able to see Dr Settle. He is my gentle giant. When he came in the room he asked if I felt like there was any improvement in my legs. Being the drama queen I am, (Acadamy Award's to my right plz) I threw back my blanket from my lap and began to rock my knees back and forth together. Dr Settle literally JUMPED BACK and said "WOW! I can't believe this, its incredible to see that kind of improvement in only-6 treatments!" He is so satisfied. Like he said - I may not WALK again but with the movement and feeling coming back to my left leg (yesI feel the bottom of my foot and that helps me steady my weight for wayne when he lifts me)  it will help me with a better quality if life and delay the paralysis some and as for the pain - its under control as well. If God wants me to walk again I will. If its not part of the plan we move along to what is. What else can I say. HeckI felt so good today that after radiation Wayne and I drove around looking for some good food and a Barnes and Nobles just to kick back at for a while. It felt good to be out and actually laugh a little. Of course this road is very long and very winding, but when you forget the bad stuff and enjoy the golden moments that are so satisfying the day becomes so bright and warm. I really enjoyed it. Now tomorrow is treatment 8 and its at 6:45 am and its gonna be 29 degrees without the wind chill factor. So I guess we will be coming straight back to the apt after, brrrrrr. We get a break over the holiday weekend and then Tues and Wed am we do last  ones and head home. I will do follow up MRI's to back in 4-6 weeks but will do a brain MRI at end of January in Slidell just to make sure there are no issues there. 

Just a side note: I have been reading the book by Joel Osteen - Everyday a Friday. I know its written by a preacher but its more than that. Every chapter feels like it was writen for me in my lifes order and as I read it daily I get a new message and its right there in my face, no denying any of it. On top of it I received several texts today about dreams people are having and some sent me some Bible verses via text that actually would be perfect captions for the dream and even for some of what I am reading. They say that God works in mysterious ways - no he doesnt. He stands right there and does what he has to until you open your eyes, your mind and heart to him and when you finally "get it" its like fireworks going off and you love every minute of it. I hate to say it Wayne, today I actually felt light as you picked me up and moved me around all day instead of the heaviness I have felt in the past. To me this is a sign that I am getting beter baby. I hope you all keep enjoying my blog. I promise to keep it up. Also, check out Eric Haas' blog here as well. he is the son of a friend's, friend in Canada. On google ericsfight (I think). You can find info and links on my facebook too. As always, God Bless everyone for my payers and love. I thank Father Seelos, Saint Pio, Sr Dulce (still recovering from surgery MOM - forgot to tell you - infection it sounds like but getting better) and of course our Lord Jesus- I am so blessed.  I will find a pic of Dr Settle when I get home......Ellen

2 comments:

  1. so happy your spirits have been lifted! See you when you get home. Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com OR info@drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete